Sunday, 16 May 2010
Be happy, eat apple crisp:)
Everyone has their grouchy days... some more than others. You know what type of days I'm talking about, right? The type where you are irritated with everyone around you, whether you have a reason to be or not. The type where you are just so exasperated with your homework load that you wrinkle it up into a fist sized ball or rip it up into shreds. The type where you just can't stand the sound of lamb chops rolling around in people's open mouths during lunch that you throw a fork across the cafeteria. Or maybe that's just me. Nobody likes those days. I certainly don't. That's why I felt the need to share with you some of the things that cheer me up on gloomy, cantankerous days.
1. A bubble bath. Although this might sound cliche, a nice cozy bath of foam and bubbles seem to do the job of soaking my troubles away! Don't forget to light incents and candles.
2. Baking. I love whipping up something delicious in the kitchen.. whether it's something more complex like pavlova or something more simple like oatmeal cookies. Baking always seems to do the job. Trust me, the whipping, banging, thrashing, and whisking (I did not mean for that to sound perverted) will relieve your anger.
3. A brisk stroll. Get out of the house, the fresh air will do you good! While you're at it, do some yoga, tai chi, or meditation. This will give you a chance to reflect on the positive things in your life and count your blessings.
4. Tunes. I tend to listen to a mixture of joyful, mellow, and serene music. Bob Marley, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson... your pick.
5. Let it out. Find a way to express you emotions and feelings, whether that be through writing, poetry, song, dance, sports, or simply talking to a close friend or family member!
We all know that when life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Well, what if life gives you apples? Kind seem to find the answer to that one? Not apple juice. Apple crisp! Joy has a marvelous apple crisp recipe that I knew I had to bake as soon as I layed my eyes upon the mouthwatering photos (as you can see). I'm just pleased at how delicious and appealing it turned out. This was heaven in a bowl when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Now that you've heard about how great this recipe is... there's no turning back! Have funnnn and be happy:)
Photos from Joythebaker.com