My summer destinations:
La Grand, Oregon
My brother, Jiggs, finally came back to Taiwan for the summer and he's gonna be here until August! I'm so excited. You see, he's going to Georgetown, which is located in Washington D.C. so I only get to see him 2-3 times a year. Speaking of summer... I can't believe we're going to be freeeee in about two weeks time!! First we'll have to get through exams. The sad thing is I'm not going to leave Taiwan till mid July and I'll only be going to the U.S. for two weeks. It's going to be a lot different from last summer, when I got to go to England, Wales, and Ireland. I guess I just like traveling to different countries and experiencing different cultures and meeting interesting people... not that there are no "interesting" people in Oregon or anything... The rest of the summer I'm basically going to be chilling and working. I have an internship at the Community Center and I have to study my Mandarin and Russian-what joy! I guess there are positive things to look forward to, such as:
- chilling by the pool and at the beach
- sleeping in till noon
- no deadlines or tests to worry about
- all nighters, movies, and lot's of comfort food
- shopping! (of course)
- exploringgg... going places I've never been before and just being SPONTANEOUS and carefree
- relaxing! :]
Before I head off to bed I thought I'd share with you some pretty interesting yet random facts that I learned today:
- Butterflies smell with their feet.
- The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
- Blueberry juice boosts memory.
- The shrimp's heart is in it's head.
- Ants never sleep.
- The Germans tried to copy Coca Cola and came up with Fanta.
- The avocado has the most calories of any fruit.
And on that note.... tata