Sunday 23 May 2010

Summertime= berryfull.


Summer is the perfect time to have berries. In yogurt. Cereal. Shortbread. Granola. Ice-cream. Pie. Speaking of pie... berry cobbler pie bars! That's what I decided to make this weekend. It took me ages to decide, since there are so many great recipes on Joy the Baker's website, but I managed to narrow it down. When it came to choosing on which berries to use I was stumped. Sadly, they don't sell rasberries or blackberries in Taiwan. But, to my GREAT SURPRISE, I found frozen rasberries at G&G Delhi and knew I had to use them! Perhaps one of the best things about this dish is the sour creammmm. I love it. Don't get me wrong, this dish was extremly tangy from the lemon zest and berries, but it was also creamy- thanks to the sour cream.

I was planning on taking a hike today with my Mom, like I usually do on Sundays, but it's raining cats and dogs outside. Plus, I just feel like relaxing at home. I woke up really late today at 11:30, which isn't like me at all! I think the combination of the rain, waking up late, and exams coming up are making me feel lethargic and dozy. Maybe today would be a good day to catch up on all of the rest that I missed during the school week. Well, I'm going to go help my Mom make some rye bread nowwwww! Then it's off to some exam study planning. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment